Bergen R/C Forums Forum Index Bergen R/C Forums
Everything to do with Bergen R/C Helicopters

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome to Bergen R/C!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bergen R/C Forums Forum Index -> Welcome to Bergen R/C!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbergen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Welcome to Bergen R/C! Reply with quote

Welcome to the Bergen R/C forum. In here you will find the accumulated knowledge of many years of building, flying, and manufacturing R/C Helicopters.

But first, an introduction.

Bergen R/C is a small, family business, with the sole purpose of manufacturing R/C Helicopters. This is all we do. We are a machine shop, and as such, manufacture most of the parts of our helicopters IN HOUSE!

Larry Bergen (my Father), is the man who started all of this. A machinist for all his life, except for a brief stint in the U.S Air Force working on top secret (at the time anyway:) ) autopilot systems, with a minor in the Hobby of Radio Control aircraft, he designed the majority of what you see today.

Chris Bergen (that's me!) purchased the assets and renamed the business Bergen R/C Helicopters in Nov of 1999.
I have been an A&P Licensed Technician since 1991, after working on and crewing Chinook Helicopters in the U.S Army for almost 7 years, I then took a job with Delta Airlines as a mechanic. There I worked on everything from DC-9's to the 777, including some contract work with the Atlanta PD on their MD-500, and the Cobb County Sheriffs Office Astars 350 B2's.
I have been involved with model aircraft most all of my life, building plastic models at a very young age and R/C starting with my Father and I learning to fly airplanes when I was 12 or 13.
During one of the layoff times from Delta, I worked at the shop for appx 6 months, and began learning to fly these heli's that my Father was selling. Being laid off from Delta also opened my eyes to the fact that there is no such thing as "Job Security", unless you sign a contract to that effect as in an upper management position. I realized that if I put in as much effort into my own business as I put into working at Delta, I could make my own security.

So what does that mean to you, the customer?

It means that we have a vested interest in ensuring your satisfaction and enjoyment of our helicopters.

It means that there is no waiting for the boat from China! It means when you need parts, we have it on the shelf OR we can make it very quickly, not next month or 2 months.

It means that when you need help, you call and talk to the people who designed, machined, and built the helicopter.

In this forum, we will show and explain the details of our machines, why we do things the way we do, and what you can do to help ensure that you're machine flies safely and reliably.

What you will NOT find in our business, from our company, are shady dealings, questionable business practices. What you see is what you get. I was brought up to be honest, sometimes painfully so. I won't sell you a helicopter, only to then inform you that these upgrades are needed just to get it to fly properly. At the same time, you must tell me what you expect from the heli, what your purpose for it will be, such as Aerial Photography, or just lazy weekend flying, carrying max payloads, or just some hot 3D action! I can then tell you which of our birds best suits your needs.

So, again, Welcome. Look around, ask questions, post comments. That is what this forum is designed for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bergen R/C Forums Forum Index -> Welcome to Bergen R/C! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: