Bergen R/C Forums Forum Index Bergen R/C Forums
Everything to do with Bergen R/C Helicopters

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting to have fun with my Intrepid EB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bergen R/C Forums Forum Index -> Intrepid Gasser and EB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
please don't crash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Starting to have fun with my Intrepid EB. Reply with quote

I got my helicopter used and after running it a couple of times found several small things wrong with it. One of the biggest things I found was that the primer bulb on the carburetor had a pin hole in it. I also started out using premium fuel in it and soon found out that was a mistake. I am actually a begginer at all this. I can hover and gad about my yard some. I am not rushing things with this helicopter. I learned that rushing things just leads to crashes. I have a few smaller electric helicopters I started to learn on. At first I was crashing and waiting on parts allot more than what I was getting to fly. Then I got the Great Planes G3.5 simulator and that helped me allot. I got a video of my helicopter that you can see by following this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfTUGU1rXIs

Like I said I am a begginer so nothing fancy here. But then everyone has to start someplace.
please don't crash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Back in the saddle. Reply with quote

I crashed my helicopter last September. It took me until this spring to be able to get all the parts I needed to fix it. I not only replaced what was damaged in the crash but a lot of parts that showed a good bit of wear on them. I bought this helicopter used and was told it hardly had any time on it. Oh well live and learn. It was still good since I did have a nice gasser helicopter. After installing all the parts and getting things adjusted the best I could it was finally time to fire it up and try it out. I could not get it to stabilize, like the gyro wasn't working at all. I tried a lot of things and ended up calling Chris Bergen for some help. He filled me in on several things that I didn't know but it still didnt' seem to make much difference. The gyro I am using is the Futaba Gy401. The directions that came with it says to set the one switch to normal flight if your main blades spin clockwise so that is where I left the switch. After many attemps to fix the problem I figured I would try something silly. I set the tiny switch to reverse and low and behold the helicopter began to fly pretty good. After that I went back and re-read the instructions and each time the way they read I have things set wrong but they work. So after much time I am finally back to getting to fly my helicopter. With the new engine, and all the other parts this thing is sweet to say the least. Talk about a well made, nice machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bergen R/C Forums Forum Index -> Intrepid Gasser and EB All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: