Bergen R/C Forums Forum Index Bergen R/C Forums
Everything to do with Bergen R/C Helicopters

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fly Bar Less (FBL) head system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbergen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Fly Bar Less (FBL) head system Reply with quote

We have now introduced our FBL head system, which can be retrofitted onto any and all of the helicopters produced by Bergen R/C.

The system consists of a new head block, Pitch arms, and a swash follower. With the new head, shorter linkage rods are also provided.

The standard Head axle, blade grips, head button, and hardware are retained for commonality of spares.

You can use the Skookum electronics, or the V-Bar electronic systems from Mikado, the Helicommand Rigid, or any of the other gyro enabled systems to act as your stabilization, or you can go WITHOUT any stabilization...

That's right! You do NOT have to use any additional electronics to stabilize your Bergen R/C Helicopter.

How is that possible? Truthfully, I wish I had a good scientific answer to quell the naysayers, but suffice to say we have been running it this way on both my Tazer and my Intrepid Gasser, allowing others to fly the heli to see it for themselves.

Is it hard to fly without any stabilization? Not at all. On a calm day, you may not even notice much difference in how it flies, stability wise. On a windy day, we have seen a tendency for the heli to move INTO the wind, and in FFF if you release the stick it will slowly move into a huge loop.

On the other hand, if you are into FAST cyclics and collectives, then you REALLY need to try this!! Even my Gasser feels like a whole new machine, like I added NOS to it somehow with the increase in power and the roll rate is quite unbelieveable for a machine weighing 13 lbs!!

Look for videos and setup tips to come later.

cbergen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A video clip of my Standard Gasser, FBL, NOE (no electronics)...Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L045xZNuUM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bergen R/C Forums Forum Index -> Flybarless All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: