Bergen R/C Forums Forum Index Bergen R/C Forums
Everything to do with Bergen R/C Helicopters

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7 year old Gasser what upgrades?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bergen R/C Forums Forum Index -> Intrepid Gasser and EB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltdorn

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: 7 year old Gasser what upgrades? Reply with quote

i have an old Gasser that was built and setup by Bergen about 7 years ago. It has a g23.
I am ready to bring her back online. I did find a crack in the tail rotor bell crank see pic. Bergen said i could get a free upgrade replacement. You can see the metal band i made to keep the bell crank together so i could get some flights in to see what i need. i did notice the tail has alot of slop in it. mostly on the bell crank and bearing and the tail pitch slider.
My cooling shroud is also cracked at the bolt hold down points but i cant see spending $45 on a plastic replacement! crazy. lol. I just put a layer of silicon down to hold it down in addition to the bolts.
There is some surface rust i need to get rid of from this sea air. the disadvantage of living on the coast.

but other than the bell crank what other required / highly recommended upgrades are there?

Thanks, Lawrence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bergen R/C Forums Forum Index -> Intrepid Gasser and EB All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: